Tagline: Fixing Errors is Simple with QuickBooks!
Even though QuickBooks is one of the most amazing accounting software available today, it is prone to some minor or even major errors. With QuickBooks, error code 6190 and 816 are most commonly experienced by users.
The error codes 6190 -816 are described as QuickBooks being unable to open the company file in central computer. This means that your company business data is not accessible.
There could be several reasons for it:
- Your enterprise log file does not match with the company’s file. This log file is basically the summary of your company operations and is automatically saved in the software. This file is stored as [company_filename] .qbw.tlg file. When you are unable to open this file, you have the option to convert it into company data file (QBW).
- Another reason could be an update failure. When the company file is updated on a different computer without updating the transaction file, it shows these errors.
- One of the other reasons is when a certain user is trying to access the company files in a Single User Mode.
- Another possible, but rare reason is the file being corrupted. Although, you should be on a lookout for this if you are facing error issues.
How to resolve this error
Before you try to perform anything on your QuickBooks Software, make sure that it is updated to the latest version.
Make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
There are series of steps involved in QuickBooks file doctor so you can install and run it.
- Download the “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool, install and run it.
- Login as the administrator.
- It will present two options in front of you. One is file damage and network connectivity and the other is network connectivity.
- Select the first option and it will identify any of the damaged or corrupted files and resolve the error 6190.
- It will then request for a password. You need to enter the administrator password.
- Thereafter it will ask for a confirmation if the company files are on the web or on the system.
- Select yes if the files are on the web and no if the files are on the system.
- Then proceed.
It will detect and repair any corrupted files that are there on the system. If the error persists, continue next steps which are fixing the disparity and renaming the files. It won’t cause any data loss for you.
Although, the above steps should help you in detecting and repairing errors, in case the problem persists, you should get in touch with our support service at +18003040103 that is available 24*7.